There are multiple community services available to you if you are in need. Please see the list of resources below to learn more.
If you are in physical danger, immediately call 911.
Maryland’s Helpline is available 24/7 to provide support, guidance, and assistance. Please call 211 or visit 211MD.org
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline @ 1-800-273-8255 (TALK)
- Maryland’s Helpline is available 24/7 to provide support, guidance, and assistance. Please call 211 and select option 1, text your zip code to 898-211, or visit 211MD.org.
- The Trevor Project (national program – LGBTQIA+ suicide prevention)
- A national crisis line and counseling for LGBTQ youth 24-hour crisis line: (866) 488-7386 OR Text “Trevor” to (202) 304-1200 OR chat online at http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/get-help-now#tt
1. The National Domestic Violence Hotline and partner loveisrespect provide crisis intervention services 24/7 in a few different ways. If you are in need of help, you can:
- Call 1-800-799-7233
- Chat online by going to thehotline.org and clicking on the purple “Chat Now” box in the upper right-hand corner of the page. You can do this silently without worry of being overheard speaking on the phone.
- Text “LOVEIS” to 22522.
2. National Runaway Safeline – Chat line on their website or call (800) 786-2929
Local Support Groups for LGBTQIA+ youth, young adults, and families at The Frederick Center:
- Youth Group (age 14-22)– Weekly Wednesday evening 7-8:30 pm, via Zoom
- Young Adult Group (age 18-26) – Weekly Monday evenings, 7-8:30 pm, via Zoom
- Trans and Gender Non-binary Community Group (age 18+) – 1st Wednesday and 3rd Thursday of the month, from 7-9:30pm. Open to all Trans and Non-Binary adults.
- TransTeens (age 14-18) for those who identify as Transgender, Non-Binary, Gender Non-conforming, and/or those who are questioning their gender identity. 1st and 3rd Tuesday, 6:30-8pm, via Zoom.
- For families, parents, and guardians of transgender, non-binary, and other gender-diverse youth
- TransFamily – Meets 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 9-10:30 am, via Zoom.
National Supports for LGBTQIA+ individuals:
1. The Trevor Project is an American non-profit organization founded in 1998 focused on suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth. Through a toll-free telephone number, (866) 488-7386, it operates The Trevor Lifeline, a confidential service that offers trained counselors.
2. For any trans person in crisis of any kind, the Trans Lifeline runs a national hotline staffed by trans people for trans people. Crisis line: (877) 565-8860